Some are intelligent enough to appreciate how quartz stands out from other natural stones. The countertops made from quartz are unique than you would have imagined. For quartz worktops in Chelmsford, 90 percent crushed quartz or waste of granite, marble or any other natural stone is used. While the remaining 10 percent is the polymeric or cement binder. This is why quartz is considered an engineered stone that takes a shape of a solid slab after going through a certain chemical process. Natural quartz stone is a very stiff substance that cannot be used in its original state. Quartz has some amazing qualities and benefits which you would love to know.
The overall appeal of the stone
The union between nature and scientific expertise in development means that the appearance of quartz worktops Chelmsford would be very versatile. The smooth or flecked appearance of the countertop depends on the coarseness of the ground crystals. Manufacturers increase the aesthetic appeal of the stone by adding pigments to slightly change the cooler or to imitate the original stones like granite or marble. Mixing gems or crystals in the bond can make the stone more attractive.
This strong stone is long-lasting
Did you know that Quartz is an unbelievably hard and long-lasting material? The non-porous qualities of quartz make it scratch less and hard to get chipped off. A quartz work surface, unlike a granite workshop, needs no screening or resealing. Generally, the quartz doesn’t need artificial sealing or resealing but it is always advised to get one.
Like we mentioned earlier that quartz has scratch resistance, it can only get scratched by three other natural minerals including diamond, topaz, and sapphire. It is interesting to note that quartz is stronger than granite surfaces it has four times more flexural strength and twice resistance intensity. On top of that quartz also surpasses marble having 7 ranks on hardness level.
This engineered stone is very low maintenance as you only need some soap, water, and a cloth to clean the quartz worktops Chelmsford. However, this stone has minor inconveniences, one is its low heat resistance and there will be seams for larger countertops.
Tailor the stone according to your needs
Any material which can be customized gives a personal feel to the customer. Unlike other natural stones, you can easily get the shape, color, and pattern according to your requirement to make it more appealing and complement the interior of the kitchen.
Quartz is one stone that is not scarce and a common stone present on the earth. Mining this stone doesn’t pose a negative impact on the environment like rare stones do.
Color doesn’t fade
Quartz is praised for its consistency in color and pattern in comparison to other materials. As it is a manmade stone, it is manufactured keeping in mind the selling point which is the appearance of the quartz worktops Chelmsford. This stone will not lower your expectation when it will arrive at your place to be installed in your gorgeous kitchen.